Monday, July 21, 2014

Overcoming challenges through hope and faith

Anyway, this week has been another great week of miracles. We have had so much success lately with having lessons. Hopefully this will carry over to many people being baptized in the coming months. We have a lot of success finding people, but they somehow drop off the face of the earth and we never hear from them again. 

This week we have been riding bikes more than ever. I like it well enough. I don't like doing it for long periods of time though.

So this week I spoke in sacrament. I spoke on overcoming challenges through hope and faith. It was pretty ironic since I just went through basically the hardest point of my life these last few transfers and faith and hope were what brought me through it. We have also been studying the Christlike attributes and the first two just so happen to be faith and hope, it was really nice to see how far I have come and to see how much I grew. I am so grateful for hope and faith and that they were able to help me get through that rough time. 


We had an amazing miracle last night thanks to the guidance of the spirit. We were just going to knock a street and we had a few doors to choose from. I felt like we needed to knock the door right in front of us instead of crossing the street. When someone answered it turned out to be the home of a member of our ward who is fairly active. We laughed about how we didn't realize it was her house and then we asked if there was anyone who she knew that we could visit. She directed us to go see her neighbor and said that she had actually brought her to church before. We went and knocked on her neighbor's door. The lady opened right up and let us in. We talked about church and she said that it was different than what she was used to, but that she loved it. We have a return appointment with her this week! It is amazing what happens when you follow the promptings of the spirit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment