Monday, December 16, 2013

Crazy Week

You know what is crazy, in one week I will be out for 4 months! That is so weird because I feel like I just got here, at the end of this transfer I will have almost been out for a fourth of my mission! It has flown by and the end will be here before I know it. 
So this week has been crazy! We had Alex's baptism and our Bishop's daughter's wedding all in the same day! (Remember her fiance was baptized soon after I arrived here.)  It was a great day, but crazy! We were asked to sing at the baptism by Alex we sang Amazing Grace. Alex's mom was bawling the entire time and you could just see how happy she was that he had made the decision to be baptized. The AP's came because both of them have served in this area and it was great to have them there to support Alex's family!
The wedding was really fun.  There was dancing at the wedding.  We did not dance but enjoyed listening to the music.  (The Motabs are great but I am tired of them because they are all we listen to.)
Thank you so much for all of your prayers for Sophie, Kim, and Gracie! They are doing so great! Sophie is getting baptized on the 28th of this month and we are all so excited. Kim has become so involved for the whole process and when she called her brother to tell him about it she put him on speaker and told him that her kids were making "the plunge" before she was. It was amazing because three months ago she would not have said that about herself taking the plunge. It has been amazing to see their progression as a family! Also they are so kind.  Kim gave me a beautiful dress and I was able to wear it to the baptism this week as well as the wedding. I didn't want to take it but she insisted and she would have been sad if I hadn't. It amazes me how much people care for you as missionaries and how much they want to help provide for you. Their family takes care of us like we are their own. 
My heel is much better. I got some bandages and some neosporin to put on it and it has been much better, it still looks really gross but it feels a whole lot better and it is not infected. 

I will email you next week with details about skyping you! I am so excited! I already warned dad and Hannah, but I will probably bawl my eyes out the whole time so prepare yourself. 


No comments:

Post a Comment