Monday, March 10, 2014

Another Crazy week

 It was so cold here and it was only 47 degrees. I am going to freeze when I get home. 

So this week was again crazy (I need to come up with a better word to describe the madness of the mission). We had president interviews, zone meeting, found a few new investigators (we call them gators), and set a few baptismal dates! It has been a very successful week! We have been working with a family and the Mom and son are looking forward to being baptized on, get this, the 6th of April right after general conference! It will be a great way to start off April! General Conference and a baptism all in one weekend. It has been amazing to see the members of this ward help fellowship them. They have all literally brought them into the ward. They are definitely not joining for the missionaries, but they are joining because of the ward and that is how it should be. It is son nice to finally have a ward who understands the importance of fellow-shipping our investigators.

We also had president interviews this week. It was so nice to go in and have President tell me that I am doing good and that he was very grateful for the work that I had been doing. I really needed to hear that. I sometimes second guess if I am doing all that I can, or that I am making a difference. It is so nice to have a reassurance that I am doing what I am supposed to.  He told me that he and The Lord recognizes that I am doing well and he told me to give myself a pat on the back. It really helped me feel that I am doing what The Lord has asked.

We also had zone meeting this week and the zone leaders told us that President Craig has asked that each of us come up with 16 stones (like the Brother of Jared) to place before The Lord. These stones represent things that we will or will not do that will help is to be more focused and involved in the work. It has been interesting to ponder upon the things that I feel like I need to work on to put before The Lord so that I can be a better instrument in His hands. There have been A TON of miracles already from doing this and I am sure that there are more to come.

Today we are going to downtown Jacksonville! It will be cool, I don't really know what to expect, but there should be some great picture taking opportunities. I am so excited and that I can do fun things on P-day it really helps the week go on a whole lot faster and better!  . Spring is definitely in the air! I love it, everything is finally a pretty green again!


No comments:

Post a Comment