Monday, February 24, 2014

Sister Williams' First Transfer

This week has been pretty good. Sister Houtz is amazing!  We have an absolutely AMAZING ward who just love to help out whenever possible. They are so supportive of our investigators and are really focused on missionary work. 

So right now I am living in Jacksonville. We are about 20ish minutes from actual downtown and also 20ish minutes from Atlantic Beach and Jax Beach. It is amazing! We are also great friends with the YSA sisters and because they have a lot more miles than we do we get to go a lot of places on P-day. It is so crazy to be where I am. I am right next to sister Davidson's old area and I have gone to a lot of places that she has gone to before. I feel like I am living her first few transfers. 

Anyway, the work is good here. We are teaching a family that is very solid, who have a baptismal date in April. They are so wonderful! There are a few other people who we are trying to work with, but it is hard for me to know what they really need right now because I have only been working with them for a few days. Once I get to know them more it will be easier to determine what exactly what needs to happen for them. 

Transfers are hard, but they are good. I feel really good about my new area. It is hard because Sister Davidson was/is my best friend and we have been through a lot together. Sister Craig told me at transfers that she knew that this was going to be a hard transition, but that I was needed in my new area and that everything was going to be okay. I know that it will be okay, but I do miss Sister Davidson quite a lot. But Sister Houtz is really similar to me and sister Davidson, she is kind of a happy medium. We are already good friends and we are working really hard here. I don't think I have ever knocked so many doors in my life. 

It is crazy because we are in a urban/suburban area. I went from ghetto/country/super-nice-rich-area to urban and actual population. I never thought that I would actually be serving in Jacksonville. 

These are pictures of St. Augustine.






No comments:

Post a Comment