Monday, October 6, 2014

October General Conference


Recording at Jacksonville Beach

This week has been crazy and wonderful! We have been working our tails off to help the ward here and get our area book organized and also make sure all of our records are correct. We also watched meet the Mormons! And we had general conference! 

So for the past few months the ward hasn't been very enchanted with the sisters that have been here and so we have had a hard time getting the ward to give us a chance. But with some hard work, good baking, and just good, ole love we have managed to break through their walls. It was wonderful at this last ward council meeting they were joking around with us and we're poking fun at my companion. It felt so good to see that!

We also were able to watch a pre-showing of the Meet the Mormons movie with all the missionaries in our zone at the stake center in Lake City. It was SO GOOD! Yall need to go see it! Seriously! It showed so many amazing things about some amazing people. I think that it will be a really good missionary tool in some areas of the country. My ward mission leader from my first ward actually called in a favor from a friend and got the local movie theatre in Fleming Island to show it for the opening weekend! Please promise me that yall will go see it! 

We also were able to listen to the amazing general conference! I absolutely loved the Saturday sessions! They were so uplifting and exactly what I needed. I really liked the younger 70 that had a Russian accent Jorg Kleignat (I believe that is his name). His talk was very bold, but it was all truth that some times we like to put off. I felt like he addressed the things that are truly preventing a lot of us Latter-day Saints from getting to the next step of our eternal progression. I also loved that so many of the talks are about making a family strong and centered in Jesus Christ. Mom and Dad as well as everyone else, I would like you to reread/re watch elder Scott's talk, it was very inspired, and it has some key principles that are for strengthening our family. I really liked the four very specific ways that we can feel peace in our home. There are people around you that are seeking to pull you down and cover you with filth, DO NOT GIVE INTO THAT. By reading the Book of Mormon you will be able to recognize the spirit more and more and it will help you stay safe. 

Today we are going to Jacksonville Beach to record some songs with some other members in our ward. We are even having a few nonmembers coming with us. Our Bishop's family is going to give the CD to the entire ward for Christmas! It is such an honor to be asked to do this. I am so grateful that our ward trusts us enough to ask us to do something like this. 

Anyway I hope that you are all doing well. I love you so much! You are so amazing! I love Fall! Keep up the good work and go see meet the Mormons! 


No comments:

Post a Comment