Monday, September 2, 2013

MTC - 1st Week

So here is some basic info about my district.  There are three sets of sisters, and three sets of Elders.  Here are their names:
Elder Payne and Elder Curtis
Elder Munsen and Elder Freeman are going to Reno, Nevada
Elder Blanchard and Elder Larsen are going to Reno, Nevada
Sister Hall and Sister Spendlove
Sister Carr and Sister Hipbshman (the b and h are silent, pronounce it Hips-mun)
Sister Yates and Sister Williams
All of the sisters are going to Jacksonville.  It is crazy there are so many going to Jacksonville, there are at least two other districts here that have people going to Jacksonville.   Actually there are 36 missionaries arriving at the Jacksonville, Florida Mission on Sept. 3, 2013

Anyway I am basically always busy and I am up at 6:30 and go to bed at 10:30, except this morning we had a service project and so we were up at 5:30, but the alarm went off at 4:30 so we all woke up until we realized what time it was and then went back to bed, but it still felt the same when we woke up at 5:30. I am actually enjoying the MTC more than I thought I would. The Spirit is amazing here. Yesterday in class we got assignments to teach a new investigator named Wiremu (pronounced Whit-a-moo) today our teachers will act like this person and we will teach them. When we were trying to decide what to plan I thought of your sunbeams and how they really don't know much about the gospel, Wiremu does not believe in God and he does not even know who Jesus is, it is really crazy. But while planning the spirit really testified of how we need to understand him and also that he needs to understand everything we are saying to him. It is crazy here, I never thought that this would be happening, but here it is.

I am actually loving the MTC more than I thought I would.  They keep you really busy here, so there's not much time to be sad.




No comments:

Post a Comment