Monday, November 11, 2013

Nov. 11, 2013

I cannot believe that Christmas is just around the corner, it doesn't feel like
it could be comming anytime soon down here. Florida is the wierdest
state I have ever been in, this week it has gone from freezing cold to
80+ in a day and it does that quite often.

So this week has been the hardest week of my mission! We had basically
zeros on all of our days this week for lessons and investigators and
everything else for that matter! Sister Davidson and I had a little
crying session in the car but we are alright now. Also because this week was so bad we
decided to cut it out of our calander and burn it in the sink last
night. Let me tell you that was one of the most satisfying things that
I have done. We then got to watch the sunrise on our run along the
dock this morning and it was a beautiful start to a much better week

So, in other news, I have started to eat OATMEAL and I actually like
it. Which is so weird because I have hated oatmeal since forever.
Anyway one night this past month Sister Davidson had woken up and she
heard me talking in my sleep and this is what I said "And that's why
you read the Book of Mormon, to know that Joseph Smith is a
prophet..." So I guess I can say that I really am a missionary because
I seem to be giving the first discussion in my sleep :)

One of our investigators, a sweet 9 year old girl, has decided that she
would like to push back her baptismal date until the first of the year, because she feels like
she is not ready. It was kind of a bummer when she told us this, but
she really isn't quite ready to get baptized yet and Sister Davidson
and I realized that we were pushing her a little too hard. But She is
still progressing beautifully! She came to church this last week even
though she had gotten home at 2:00 in the morning and she even paid tithing! It is so amazing to see this sweet 9 year old girl making such big decisions and steps in her own life and it is
really affecting her family. Her mom came to church with her and is
now an investigator and it is all because of the example that she is setting.

I just realized that we only have 44 days days until Christmas! That is so
exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment