Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Another Crazy Week

Well this week has been crazy! We have had so much go on! Sunday was really the biggest day of the week though. We got a text early that morning from the elders asking for a ride to church because Elder Greenlaw twisted his ankle pretty badly the night before and was on crutches. So we picked them up and decided that it would be better for them to have the car seeing as they can't really get around otherwise. When we got to church we saw Sophie, Kim, and Gracie walking in! It was great to have the whole family there! We then went to go get a program and we run into President and Sister Craig. We had no idea that they were coming to our ward, but it turned out to be amazing! We got like 5 shout outs during the meeting from members and a lot of them talked about the missionary work that they were starting to do! It has been amazing to see the changes that have taken place in our ward in regards to missionary work. President and Sister Craig came up and met Gracie and Sophie after the meeting and told us some much needed words of encouragement! It was the best Sunday so far in my mission! Then yesterday we had the big transfer call and guess what.....................Sister Davidson and I are together another transfer!   We will have been together for a third of our missions by the end of this next transfer! Can you believe it! By the end of next transfer I will have been out for a third of my mission, crazy!   Seems like we are doing something right! 
So of course on the week that we don't have the car it freezes over here in Florida! I have a crazy picture that I will attach so that you can see how cold it got. Yep, THANK YOU MOM for sending me a nice jacket for Christmas!
In regards to New Years it was pretty much a normal missionary day, except we did get to go over to our ward mission leader's house for a coordination meeting and eat dinner and watch Ephriam's Rescue. So it was pretty good. This was the first year I didn't stay up, I think I might make that a new habit :) 
Also we found out on the transfer call that the first week of Feb. we will be receiving our iPads! So that will be interesting and exciting to see how we can use them and how much of an impact that they are going to have. Also hopefully that means that I will be on facebook soon. 
 It is crazy how much missionary work is changing and the new tools and ways we have of finding and teaching people.  It is such a great time to be a missionary for the Lord. There are so many miracles that are occurring and I have the amazing opportunity to be a part of it. I am so grateful that you are doing all that you can at home to also help the work progress. I love you all so much! 

No comments:

Post a Comment