Monday, January 27, 2014

This Week Has Been Incredible

This week has been incredible! We can start out with the best news.....Kim is getting baptized on the 22 of March!!!!!!! We had a really powerful lesson about the plan of salvation and the spirit just touched her heart and she started to ask about her baptism. We told her that we had been really praying and we felt that she needed to have a specific date that she wanted so that she could start to prepare now and put the things in order that she feels she needs to before she is baptized. This day had been one of sadness for her because it is the anniversary of her father's death, but she really wants to have it be a day of gladness and rejoicing because she knows that now she knows that they can be sealed and they can be a family again. It has been absolutely incredible to see the changes that she has made in her life and the light that has come into her countenance. I feel so lucky to be able to see her change and to see those around her change as well. I have never felt true joy until now, and it is because I am watching (and get to be apart) of someone really accepting our Father in Heaven and our Savior Jesus Christ. I love this "job"!!!! 

In other good news, Gracie is also getting baptized in two weeks (the 7th of Feb.) She is so excited and has progressed so beautifully. A lot of people around her were worried that she wouldn't be ready and that she is still not. It is hard to see that, because they are comparing her to Sophie and they are very different people. It is like comparing Katie to Hannah. Gracie is a lot like Hannah, she is spunky and doesn't sugar coat how she feels, but she means well and she has a good heart. Sophie is sweet like Katie and is always looking for the good in others. Also Gracie is a teenage girl and they really are only interested in themselves. So it has been frustrating to try and help those around her recognize that Sophie has really progressed in the gospel and is ready for baptism. She is just like every other young woman that I have met that is her age and why hold her back for something that isn't really in her control right now. 

Oh this reminds me, I don't know if you already have but, would you mind changing all of the names on my blog. I would just hate to have someone look at it who we have been teaching and see their name and somehow get offended. I don't think that I have written anything bad or super negative, but I don't want to give satan even the slightest chance to use that. 

Anyway, I just sent you a friend request, I couldn't find you for the longest time (even when I searched for your name) but I found you this morning. It is so weird that I am on facebook. I didn't think that I would want to be on facebook, but now it seems that there are some mighty miracles happening. 

Also CRAZY Dorie is getting married! And Erika is having a baby! WHAT THE HECK. I am excited for Dorie and nervous but excited for Erika. I wish them the best. 

No comments:

Post a Comment