Monday, November 10, 2014

Enjoying one more warm Winter in the sunshine state

It sounds cold there! 

So today we had some excitement, we have been on tornado watch for a couple of hours. No tornados touched down, but the sky got really green it was scary. We bunkered down at the church because we were away from the house, but the internet wasn't working.

Burrrrrrrrrrrrrr it sounds cold there! I am so glad that I am missing another winter. I will miss seeing the snow, but not the freezing cold.

This week was great! We have been having more success. We actually found some new investigators! We had an investigator at church! His name is Ryan (name changed). He has been coming to volleyball for weeks, and this last Saturday we had a really spiritual lesson about the stripling warriors and he was really interested. We gave him a Book of Mormon, and he read the introduction and the testimonies and is loving it! Hopefully he will get baptized in the next few weeks. Things seem to be looking up here in Macclenny! I hope it continues that way. 

We also think that we are staying! President is not taking Sisters out of Macclenny! Which is crazy because some sisters that just had a baptism in our district are being taken out. I think president has really seen the potential this place has! I really hope I get to see some of the fruits of my labors before I go home.

So this today I am buying you some Christmas presents, nothing too big, but something special for yall! I just wanted to let you know that is where my money is being spent this week. I have been much better with my mission expenses this month. :)

Also I ate some weird plant called chyote which is a cross between a pear and a cucumber. I made a soup out of it. It wasn't too bad. I also had a duck egg this morning. This week we got to help our Ward member who has an alpaca farm and she just had a baby alpaca! It is so cute! Seriously! We get to hold itIt looks like a little lamb with a really long neck. I love animals so much! It is ridiculous. These are just a few of our adventures this last week!

For thanks giving we are having two thanksgiving days. We are having thanksgiving with the member we live with and her family.  We are also having a fun party and cane grinding that everyone in the ward comes to at a members house. There will probably be more plans to come.

Anyway, I love you so much! Thanks for all you do!



No comments:

Post a Comment