Monday, February 3, 2014

Anyway this week has been interesting...

I am over the moon that the Seahawks dominated the Super Bowl! They deserve it, also I heard that Turbin did amazing!
It sounds like you are off on an adventure this week for Nate's wedding. I hope that all goes well.  Tell everyone Hi for me.
I love what you said, "If you will ask Him, God will help you." That is completely true. This week has been another rough week and I have been on my knees constantly it seems. I have felt really overwhelmed and and apprehensive for no particular reason this week and I have only been able to turn to God. I have asked Him very specifically some things that I needed, or things that I have been worried about and he comforted me. He didn't necessarily answer the questions I was asking, but He consoled me and comforted me. Quick funny story, because I had been struggling this week I was just asking for anything that would make me feel the least bit better. When we went over to our ward mission leader's house this Tuesday, I had a little cry session in the car before going in and I prayed real quickly for something to help me get through the rest of the day. Well wouldn't you have it that towards the end of our meeting, his wife came home from the store and brought us donuts. Yep donuts and it lifted my spirits enough where I could deal with everything. It just goes to show you that Heavenly Father cares so much about His children that he will even send you donuts to cheer them up. Something as simple as that brought great comfort to me, it wasn't that they tasted so good, but that they were a little care package sent from my Father in Heaven just when I needed it the most.
Anyway this week has been interesting. We have been planning Gracie's baptism for the 15th and that has taken a lot of time. We have also configured a ward mission plan for our members. I don't really know why, but your family mission plan has been really on my mind lately and I wondered about how we could get something going like that here. Well I approached Sister Davidson about it and she loved the idea. We have been working really hard to get a good layout with some goals for our ward and our Stake President's vision for our stake and we pulled something really great together. Our ward mission leader added what he wanted and he is so excited about it. It has been great to see him get re-energized with missionary work through this. He now has sent it to the Stake President and we will see what he thinks of it. It has been cool to see, and it all happened because of a prompting from the Spirit.
We also have trade-offs with the Sister Training Leaders tonight thru tomorrow night. It should be great. It was funny because last night when we were on the phone with them with sitting in the car outside of our apartment we heard gunshots ring out across the street. That was interesting, let me tell you. We got pretty freaked out and we ran inside and locked all of the doors and prayed. It was an adventure, but we didn't hear any sirens so maybe it was a firework gone bad, but we do live in the ghetto.

Side Note...
If there is anything that I can get more angry about is when parents don't grow up when they have kids, and they become all about themselves, rather than their children. There is a lot of that here and it makes me so mad, because people care about their kids, but they don't care enough to change and give them a better life.

 Sister Williams

Sister Williams and Sister Davidson

Atlantic Ocean

No comments:

Post a Comment