Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Fun, Crazy. Busy Easter Week

I loved the package! Sister Houtz and I were just saying that we needed some new bath and body works spray! Thank you so much for sending packages!

So this week was a week of fun, adventure, and miracles! Monday evening we went to President Craig's home for FHE with Heidi! It was fantastic! We spoke about the origin of the Book of Mormon and how we can have personal "aha" moments with the Book of Mormon. There were many people that got up and gave their "aha" moment and one of the stories really stood out to Heidi. They were reading a verse about being baptized and Heidi looked over to me and said "this is for me." It was exactly what we wanted her to hear! After we talked for a good hour in the car with her about what she needed to do to be baptized. She set a date that she would talk with Tom about getting married on. She then set a realistic date for baptism in late May!

Tuesday we got a call from the YSA sisters that their car was in the shop, and so we drove them around for a few days. We went to institute, which was great, but really weird. We met a lot of YSA people, which was also weird. I don't know if I want to go back to a YSA ward when I get home. It might take me a while to get back into that type of stuff. Because of this detour we were unable to work in our area for about three days, and when Thursday rolled around we didn't have any other lessons (which is REALLY bad). So we worked really hard and were diligent in all that we did. We tracted in the rain, and tried to share the gospel everywhere we went. I also developed a nasty cold through all of this which didn't help things.

On Wednesday we had our coordination with our ward mission leader and ward missionaries. The Elders told us about a young lady who they had previously been teaching who had texted them that day that she wanted to be baptized. They told us they thought we would do best with her, so we have started working with her. We had set an appointment with her this past Saturday, we really had no idea what to expect. Her name is Lexie and she is amazing! She is ready to learn and has a baptismal date for May 17th. Her family is also meeting with us! They were the biggest blessings from the Lord! It was amazing, right at the moment that we needed the Lord's help He poured out the blessings!

Another miracle was that we had 7 investigators at church! 7! That was a direct blessing from the Lord! I have never seen those type of numbers before. It was such a huge blessing! We also participated in the choir performances. It was a beautiful program. We sang with the primary children "Live like His Son" and it was truly beautiful. It touched a lot of hearts. We also sang "Because He Lives" which was also very beautiful. I sang the extremely high soprano part. You would have been impressed! Easter was so wonderful yesterday. I am so grateful for what we get to celebrate on that day. I am so grateful for the sacrifice of our Savior! It is because of Him that all things are possible.
We were also supprised by our awsome ward missionaries. They gave us each adorable Easter baskets with lots of goodies! We had Easter dinner at our Bishop's house. They invited many of the people in our ward who have no where else to go for dinner. It was wonderful to see all of them. We are so blessed in this ward!

So now for the FUN part! Last Monday we were able to go to the "beach." we actually were 20 feet from the beach, and could barely see the ocean, but we had fun! We went to a great souvenier shop and got some great stuff. I got this beautiful photo book, that is made of big banana(?) leaves and has some shells and sand on the front. It is beautiful! I also got a cute "Beach Patrol" T-shirt. I want to go back and get the matching sweatshirt one day! I also got some great Salt Life stickers and a key lanyard (I have really needed one of those). It was so fun to go out and have a sister's day! I hope I didn't break the bank!

Anyway this has been my great week! I am so grateful for all of the sacrifices that you have made to allow me to be here!

No comments:

Post a Comment