Tuesday, April 1, 2014

March is almost over - time goes so fast.

(I missed a call from Florida on my phone.   Mark was out of cell range.   It was Saturday and the mission office was closed.  I was worried and called my Stake President who kindly called Meagan's Mission President.  Yes, I gave in to the Mother Bear instinct and over reacted ... all is well.)

I did get a call about your "over-reaction" on Sunday. It was actually pretty funny. President called and said that he told President Hill "I don't think Sister Williams called, the Sister Williams I know is doing fantastic!" He called to just double check.
The Women's broadcast was absolutely fantastic! I loved how they mentioned keeping our covenants so often. I think that there are many people who keep their "large" temple covenants, but they forget their baptismal covenants. They forget the  covenants that are "easy" to keep and by doing so Satan has a chance to get to them. I also loved that they talked about how we the "older" generation are HUGE examples to those of the younger generation, and that it is our responsibility to give them the foundation to build their faith upon. Thanks for giving me that foundation. Without the gospel foundation that you gave me I would definitely not be on a mission, I would probably be very lost right now if I didn't have that foundation.
Also KIM GOT BAPTIZED THIS LAST FRIDAY!!!!!! I wasn't able to go, but she was baptized. Sister Davidson told me that she was going to write my name on a piece of paper and hold it in every picture! I am so excited for her! Her family can be together forever! It was such a privilege to be able to teach them and help them to come to know our Savior a little bit better.
Tonight we get to take a new sister out for her first night in the mission. We are going to knock some doors and try to contact some of the less active members of our ward. It should be really fun!
Also sorry that I haven't written back until now. This week is transfers, so we have P-day today, and we have been gone most of the day with our Bishop's wife to see a cool fort and plantation. I felt like I was in the movie Lincoln! It was amazing! Also the plantation was beautiful and intense. We saw the slave quarters and it was interesting to see how hard their life really was. We also stopped by a early 1900's club house by the plantation that was just as beautiful.
 I hope you are all enjoying the snow! It is 85 and SUNNY down here! I will try to send some sunshine your way! I love you all! Keep the faith!

No comments:

Post a Comment