Monday, April 14, 2014

I am so excited! Today will be a seriously good day!

Wow. It sounds like a lot happened this week. I am so sorry to hear about Steven. Please give the Tibbitts family my condolences. That is also so heartbreaking about Trey.

So this week has been pretty normal. We have really been focusing on trying to find. We always need new people to teach. We have been having two Golden hours everyday (a golden hour is an hour that is strictly for finding). I have knocked so many doors, I am surprised that my knuckles are not bloody. We also have been meeting with a less active sister who moved into our ward in September, but her records didn't get here until a month or two ago. We called her and she let us in. She has been coming to church since. It is amazing how the Lord lined her life up so perfectly so that we might be able to come into contact with her and help her get back into church. She has had a really rough life, but the Lord was mindful the whole time. It also taught me that there are members out there who are ready to come back to church, they just need someone to reach out to them and bring them back to the church. It also really reminded me of the talk the President Monson gave at the October 2013 general conference, when he was talking about our duty to rescue those who have fallen away.

Tonight we are going to President and Sister Craig's home for FHE with A TON of other missionaries and investigators. It will be really great! We are going with our investigator Heidi. We are really hoping that something will really stick out to her so that she will start to get everything in order in her life so that she can be baptized. Also Sister Davidson and Kim, Gracie, and Sophie will be there!!!!!!!!! I am so excited to see them! It will really be good!

Later today we are going to "the beach." We are going to walk around the cute shops and visit the Salt Life store. Salt Life is a huge thing down here. Basically it is just a bumper sticker that says Salt Life and it stands for living near the ocean. They have some cool stuff. I think that I will get a T-Shirt and a sticker to always remind me of this place, and because I think that they are pretty sweet looking! (Sorry for using "undignified language" I am still working on that).

No comments:

Post a Comment